Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sims3 Photo Manipulations

Did you know that there was an entire underground community dedicated to modeling competition with the Sims 3, no? well congratulations it means you are way cooler than me!


POP


It may seem like a very unconventional way to learn Photoshop but doing sim modeling comps really improved my skills by leaps and bounds.

I learned how to cut an object cleanly out of its background, I learned how to use gradient maps to make it look like my subject actually belong to his/her surroundings, I learned how to paint hair and clothing, I learned how to do retouch and apply makeup.



AKINYI




before










                                                                                         after

Competition was fierce, forcing me to continuously work on improving, judging was harsh and competitors were harsher but prizes included rare in game objects, clothes, game credits and even cash prizes!

With the launch of the sims 4, I look forward to seeing the evolution of sim modeling competitions and while I no longer have the time to compete, I still follow the work of my friends and former competitors

MORE MODELING PICS


HOMMAGE AU CIRQUE




THE MEAN REDS



ICE QUEEN




MAY SHADOWS CONSUME YOU



CYBORG








































No comments:

Post a Comment